Tours of New Zealand
- New Zealand by Air: Airpano brings you the beauties of New Zealand with a birds eye view of it's natural beauty.
- Tour New Zealand: Join Touropia on a trip around New Zealand to some of the top 10 highlights to see when you make the trip.
- Glow Worm Caves: Take a tour of the amazing glow worm caves deep below the mountains on New Zealand's North Island.
- Hobbiton: Journey to Middle Earth with trip to the Shire by visiting Hobbiton. This 360-degree tour let's you see where all the hobbits live.
Tours of Chicago
- Chicago by Air: Airpano has put together a wonderful interactive tour of Chicago with their amazing skylines and information about the many historical buildings.
- The Chicago Symphony: Hailed as one of the finest in the world, take a look at some of their past performances.
- The Shedd Aquarium: The Shedd Aquarium houses more than 1,500 species of aquatic animals for you to learn about. Take a tour of the many exhibits they have available for view.
- Millennium Park: Is the green heart of the windy city. Enjoy a video tour of the park and see it's many amazing sites or check out The Millennium Park site to learn all about the many sites available in the park, including "The Bean".
- Chicago Detours: Have some time on your hands this week? Take a tour of one of the many less known sites of the city with the Chicago Detours Company. Each tour is hosted by a local resident and features tours from historical monuments, and amazing restaurants, to places of historical significance
Tours of Angkor
- Virtual Angkor: Google Street View gives you access to not only Angkor Wat but many of the surrounding Angkor temples built by the reigning monarchs of the time.
- Historical Angkor: Take a trip back in time to when the temples were in their full glory. These amazingly recreated virtual renderings show what the temples looked like when they were new and in use. The site also gives amazing details about daily life at the temples.
- Angkor Wat Documentary: Enjoy this documentary about Angkor Wat and how it was built and the civilization that built this city and the temples within.
Tours of Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone Walking Tours: Take a one of several virtual walking tours that the park offers, or check out several of the map guided tours available through the Nation Parks Service.
- Old Faithful: Located within the park, watch this recorded video of this ecological wonder. Want to learn more about old faithful click here.
- BBC Yellowstone Documentary: Narrated by Peter Firth this amazing documentary takes a look at this majestic park through the seasons. Available to watch on Amazon you can also watch all three episodes currently on YouTube. Use the links below to watch each episode.
Tours of New York (Weeks 1 & 2)
- Aerial Tour of New York: Take a 360-degree virtual tour of New York from your own private helicopter as you soar over the city.
- Brooklyn Bridge: Using a 360-degree photo compilation, take a walk at sunrise over the magnificent Brooklyn Bridge.
- Grand Central Station: No viewing of the New York is complete without a trip to Grand Central Station.
- Central Park: Take a walk through Central Park which is comprised of over 843 acres in the heart of New York City. Explore the parks lakes, fountains, and statues.
- Museum of Modern Art (MOMA): Home to some of the most famous paintings and sculptures, MOMA hosts over 150,000 works of art in their galleries. Take a stroll through them courtesy of Google Arts & Technology.
- New York City Fire Museum: Take a tour of the amazing New York City Firefighting Museum.
- 9/11 Memorial: With the anniversary of the tragedy this Friday, take a tour of the memorial located in the heart of New York City.
- Brooklyn Botanical Gardens: Take a virtual walking tour of the beautiful cherry blossom groves located within the botanical gardens.
- Tenement Museum: Dedicated to telling the stories of New York's immigrants by taking a virtual stroll through the tenement museum (also a former tenement home) that housed immigrants from over 20 different countries.
- Statue of Liberty: Located in New York Harbor the Statue of Liberty has become a symbol for not only New York but the entire United States. Take a virtual tour the statue from home.
Tours of Hawaii
- Hawaii From the Sky: Take a 360 degree virtual tour courtesy of Air Pano of the beautiful island of Oahu.
- Maui Ocean Center: Showcases the beautiful ocean creatures around Hawaii take a peak at this amazing aquarium.
- Thurston Lava Tubes: Join Check out the amazing Thurston Lava Tubes at Hawaii's Volcano National Park.
- Iolani Palace: See how Hawaiian royalty once lived in the only royal palace in the United States.
Tours of Matchu Picchu
- Matchu Picchu Virtual Tour: Take a 360 degree virtual tour courtesy of From Cousco to enjoy this majestic city and all it has to offer.
- About Matchu Picchu: Get all the cool facts about this site and including the history, and interesting facts.
- The Lost City: Join Travel and Discovery on this informational documentary about the history of this fantastic city on a hill.
Tours of the Galapagos Islands
- Galapagos Virtual Tour: Enjoy the beauty of the Galapagos with amazing virtual tours, photos and more thanks to Google Street View.
- 360 Degree Video: With the help of National Geographic enjoy a fun 360 degree view of the animals that live in this isolated landscape.
- National Geographic Talk: Join Dr. Ernic Salna for an informational talk about the creatures of the Galapagos and why it is such a special place.
Tours of Dublin
- Walking Dublin: Thanks to Island Hopper TV you can enjoy a short walking tour of some of the highlights of Dublin.
- The Presidents House: Follow the green arrows across the Council state room and dinning room as well as the large gardens alongside Bród, the President’s dog!
- The National History Museum: Hosting over 10,000 exhibits of both Irish and worldwide fauna. Now all 4 stories of the museum is available to view online. You can also download the audio-tours to really get an inside look at what is available.
- St. Patrick's Cathedral: Built to honor St. Patrick this beautiful cathedral is located in the heart of Dublin and a must see when you visit.
- The Guinness Storehouse: Opened in 2000 the Guinness Storehouse is one of Dublin's most popular attractions, especially if you enjoy a good glass of beer.
Tours of Alaska
- Virtual Alaska: Thanks to YouVisit Virtual Tours you can now enjoy several 360 degree videos allowing you to enjoy the beauty of Alaska from Totem Park to Sitka Sound.
- Denali National Park: Located in the heart of the Alaskan wilderness Denali national parks virtual tour lets you see this parks natural beauty. Take the virtual tour or enjoy the information in the slideshow located on the main page.
- Kenai Fjords: Join Google Arts and Culture to take this splendid trip to the amazing Kenai Fjords and glacier.
- Wild Alaska: Have some time on your hands this week. Well if you have Amazon Prime video you can enjoy this awesome documentary about the wilds of Alaska. Don't have Amazon? Don't worry check out Netflix's National Parks Adventure which explores the untamed wilderness of America's great parks with Robert Redford (which showcases several in Alaska).
Tours Under the Sea
- The Great Barrier Reef: Join Sir David Attenborourgh on a interactive journey of the Great Barrier Reef. Want to know even more about the reef? The interactive journey is part of a 4 part series. Watch the other episodes here!
- NOAA Dives: Take a virtual dive with NOAA and the National Marine Sanctuaries team within the 600 million square miles of protected marine and great lakes waters.
- Kelp Forests: Explore the beautiful kelp forests off the California Coast with this BBC 360 degree diving experience. Or explore the Channel Islands kelp forest live stream here!
- Shark Fest: Starting this week and running for the next 5 you can catch up on hours of undersea footage and programming courtesy of the National Geographic Channel.
Tours of Antarctica
- Aerial Tour of Antarctica: AirPano has put together this amazing aerial tour of Antarctica from both land and sea. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you can also enjoy part 2 of the tour along with many 360 degree immersive photos.
- Expedition Huts: CyArk brings a full virtual tour of the turn of the century expedition huts similar to those used during Shackelton's famous expedition.
- A Year on Ice: Have Amazon Prime? Grab something cold and learn about Antarctica and the scientists who make it their home year around. Watch the preview here.
Tours of Japan
- Virtual Japan: Enjoy this short video that takes you through some of Japan's amazing sites in a 360 degree tour.
- Mt. Fuji: Visit Japan's tallest mountain: Mt. Fuji. Using Google maps you can now take a virtual hike up the mountain.
- Shukkeien Gardens: Take a peek at these beautiful 400 year old gardens filled with Koi ponds, cherry blossoms and traditional buildings.
Tours of Sydney
- Sydney Virtually: This site lets you visit some of Sydney's beautiful vistas and features using 360 degree photography.
- Sydney Opera House: Sitting gracefully above the water the Sydney Opera House is an iconic landmark known around the world, and a must see when you visit the City.
- Australian Museum: Housed in Sydney the Australian Museum is the country's oldest museum focused on the country's natural history and anthropology.
- HMB Endeavour: Located in the Harbor, visit a replica of James Cook's famous ship that he used when he observed the transit of Venus.
- MASS Museum: The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences hosts a spectacular collection that showcases the importance of how technology, design, and engineering affects our modern world.
Tours of Paris
- Paris Virtually: This site lets you visit some of Paris's beautiful landmarks in amazing 360 degree photos and includes information about each landmark. So spend a few minutes exploring the Eiffel Tower or Notre Dame.
- Montmatre Sacre-Coeur Basilica: This beautifully built basilica sits a top a 130 meter hill in Paris' 18th arrondissemont. Now you can tour this beautiful landmark from home.
- Musee d'Orsay: Housed inside a former railway station on the banks of the Seine the Musee d'Orsay hosts a number of beautiful paintings created from 1848-1914, including some of the impressionist masters.
Tours of London
- Virtual London: Get a birds eye view of the many sites that London has to offer with this 360 tour.
- Buckingham Palace: No trip to London is complete without a visit to Buckingham Palace and now you can take a virtual tour of select rooms courtesy of the Royal Palace.
- The Tower of London: Located at the north bank of the River Thames, the Tower of London is known for housing both the Crown Jewels and numerous notorious criminals. You can now visit the tower virtually, where a tour guide will walk you through the site's history.
- The Courtauld Gallery: The institute is home to some of the world's most famous paintings, like Vincent van Gogh's "Self-Portrait with Bandaged Ear" and "A Bar at the Folies-Bergère" by Édouard Manet. Explore the gallery and their collection of over 530 paintings.
- The Globe Theatre: Shakespeare's Globe Theatre has released its recorded performances for worldwide viewers to watch for free through the end of June. Take a moment and watch some amazing performances on this iconic stage.
Tours of Amsterdam
- Rijksmuseum: What the Louvre is for Paris, the Rijkmuseum is for Amsterdam. Specializing in the Dutch masters from the 17th century, the museum features not just the likes of Rembrandt en Vermeer but so many more.
- Van Gogh Museum: With the help of Google Arts & Culture you can tour inside the beautiful Van Gough Museum which showcases many of the artists works and talks about his life.
- The Anne Frank Museum: Both the secret annex where she was hiding during Second World War to the house Anne and her family used to live before she was in hiding can be seen online.
- City Walking Tour: Enjoy a 30 minute walking tour of Amsterdam, as the camera wonders the streets of the city and takes you past some of Amsterdam's famous landmarks.
- Keukenhof: Famed for it's beautiful flower fields Keukenhof is a plant lovers delight. Only open for a few weeks each Spring, you can now take a tour of this wonderful gardens through the link provided. A note: the website is in Dutch but you can click the videos to view the wonderful gardens and learn about them.
Tours of the Getty Museum
- Online Exhibitions: With the help of Google Arts & Culture now you can see all of the current exhibitions the Getty Museum has to offer, in addition to some of their famous past exhibits.
- Virtual Walk: Enjoy this 23 minute walk of the Getty Museum Gardens and grounds that surround the museum and are a must see when visiting.
- Visit the Getty Villa: Take a peak at the beautiful Getty Villa with Huell Howser as you learn about J.P Getty who founded the Getty Museum.
- The Getty Challenge: During shelter in place the Getty Museum challenged people around the world to recreate their favorite works of art in order to encourage them to engage with the arts. And people responded. Enjoy just a few of the amazing replications of art that people created. We hope it makes you smile.
Memorial Week Tours
- National War Memorials: With the help of Google Arts you can view some of the many war memorials here in the U.S including the World War II, Korean, and Vietnam memorials.
- The WWII Museum: Explore the World War II Museum in New Orleans, which shares the historic events that occurred in both the Eastern and Western fronts.
- The USS Intrepid: Join some of the USS Intrepid's amazing docents for a series of short guided talks and tours of this amazing Naval ship and learn about it's amazing time in service.
Tours of Rome
- Arial Tour of Rome: Take this 360-degree Arial tour of Rome though to some of its great monuments and favorite neighborhoods.
- The Vatican: The Vatican is one of those places you can not miss. Take a tour of the Sistine Chapel or other beautifully decorated areas in these 360-degree tours.
- The Colosseum: Once seating between 50,000 and 80,000 spectators, the Colosseum was the world’s largest amphitheater when it was built between AD 70 and AD 80 for sporting events and gladiatorial combat. Nearly, two-thirds of the structure has been destroyed in the 2,000 years since, but the remaining ruins are one of Italy’s most popular attractions. Take a birds eye view of this amazing structure or enjoy a walking tour through this historic landmark.
- The Pantheon: This beautiful ancient structure has fascinated visitors for centuries and now you can take a virtual tour through its historic grounds.
- Love Rome and want to keep exploring? Leslie with The Geographical Cure has compiled a beautiful post links to all the best hot spots in Rome both above and below the surface. Visit it here to to see more of Rome.
Tours of the National Parks
- Grand Canyon Tour: Explore one this beautifully done self-guided virtual tour of the sweeping vistas and rapids of the Colorado River. With point and click features that give you information, video and photo content for you to experience. You can also view a wonderful river raft tour with the USGS down the Colorado river here.
- The Channel Islands: Located off the coast of Southern California the Channel Islands National Park is comprised of five different islands. They are partnered to offer a live web cam of the underwater environment. Take a peak and see how many different undersea animals you can spot.
- Yellow Stone National Park: This beautiful Yellow Stone park is on many travelers bucket lists and now you can take a tour of it from your home. Use the link to enjoy a 3-D tour of Geyser Basin and the surrounding area. Or click here to view any of the parks nine live web cameras.
- Have more time and want to keep exploring? The National Parks Foundation has information of many more virtual tours you can take from your home.
Tours of NASA
- International Space Station: It is one amazing structure built by multiple countries. Take one of the several guided tours with the astronauts aboard the space station.
- Hubble Telescope: Take a 360-degree tour of the Hubble Telescope's mission control and exhibit areas.
- Glenn Virtual Tours: Take a look inside the state of the art Glenn Research Center. Take one of several tours, which not only allows you a 360-degree view, but also allows you to view videos of the experiment procedures.
- Explore Alien Worlds: Explore 360-degree visualizations of other worlds and stars from your own computer or desk top.
Tours of the Egyptian Museum & Tombs
- Ramses VI 360 Degree Tour: Take a virtual walk through the beautifully preserved tomb of the Egyptian Ruler Ramses VI. The tour is courtesy of the Egyptian Ministry Tourism and Antiquities.
- Monument Tours: Want to see some other monuments in Egypt? The Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities has galleries of many of the historical monuments to the Egyptian Pharaohs.
: Have some time, take a journey with Egyptologist Joann Fletcher as she takes you through the history of Egypt and it's Pharaohs.
Tours of the National British Museum
- Gallery Tours: View more than 60 galleries from throughout the museum. Scroll down the page to click and enter the galleries.
- 360 Degree Tour: Join one of the museums docents on a 360 tour of the main great court of the museum. You can use the arrow pad on the video to view a full 360-degree view of the area through out the video.
- Museum in History: Use this awesome link to view the British Museums collection in a through history approach. View items on the actually history time line. Each entry includes photos of the items, descriptions and even a audio commentary by the conservators.
Tours of the Smithsonian
- Virtual Tour: View both the permanent, current, and past exhibits of the Smithsonian.
- Online Videos: Did you know the Smithsonian has their own YouTube channel that has a ton of wonderful video shorts that answer questions about history.
- Have some time and want to watch a fun movie and get to see some of the museum? Watch the Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. It might not be as educational as the videos on the Smithsonian Channel but it is definitely a fun feature for a movie night!
Tours for Zoo & Aquarium Week
- The Fresno Zoo: Has some amazing online activities you can do with your young Harlan Ranchers, along with with videos about the zoo's exhibits. The best part you get to see what is going on with our local zoo.
- The National Aquarium: Enjoy a floor-by-floor tour Baltimore based aquarium. Explore from tropical waters all the way to the icy tundra.
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium: Tune into many of the aquarium's exhibits for live footage. They even have a shark camera!
- The Houston Zoo: Watch live camera footage from some of the awesome exhibits.
- The Cincinnati Zoo: Explore live footage of the zoo from their Facebook page. Every day at 3:00 PM EST they host a Safari Tour.
- The San Diego Zoo: Has a ton of live cam options for you to watch all the animals.
Tours of Disneyland & Disney World
- Disney Panoramas. Disney just launched 360-degree views of many of the the main areas of Disney World. Use the link to view several of them.
- Virtual Disney World Rides. Virtual Disney World has 360 degree videos of all the rides at Disney World. Scroll thru and ride some of your favorite.
- Magic Happens Parade. Watch Disney's iconic new parade that happens at all the Disney parks.
- Need a Laugh? Watch how this family recreated this Disney classic ride.
Tours of the Louvre
- 360 Degree Tours. The Louvre is currently offering three different tours including their Egyptian Antiquities Exhibit, the Louvre's moat, and the Gallerie d'Appollan.
- Louvre Documentary. Have a little more time enjoy this great documentary of the Louvre and it's splendid exhibits.
The Met Museum
- 360 Degree Tours. The Met online has some cool 360 degree tours of some of their most popular rooms.
- Stop Motion Tour. Or click here to take a fun guided stop-motion tour of the highlights of the Met.
- Met Documentary. Learn more about the museum and its exhibits with this great video.
Story Time Reading Links
Additional Documents for Virtual Classes & Groups